Forums de l'Alliance Francophone Sudden Strike

Communauté autour des jeux vidéo sur la 2ème Guerre Mondiale

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure [ Heure d’été ]

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 423 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédente  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Suivante
Auteur Message
Fusilier

Sudden-like préféré: Projet Viêtnam
Mes autres jeux 2GM: Company of Heroes
Mes jeux hors-sujet: Série Total War
Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 09:19 

ransombolton a écrit:
you mean the systems that we have implemented to give players feedback? Like the badges for tactical play, the UI elements and the trails for projectiles? Yes those are all implemented to  assist new players into the series. But actually, we have purists in our development team as well, people that would like to play without any healthbars or objective indicators for example. And at the moment, we are thinking about an option to just disable all the in-scene-UI elements like health bars and the blue objective circles.

yes, its that. Excellent new :)
ransombolton a écrit:
Also, we are thinking about an options switch to disable the trails for projectiles. Actually the trails serve to show players the rough angle and area where the attack is coming from. It can only be seen in the viewing range of your units. And it also gives a slight information on the size of the projectile fired. But we understand that some players might not want to see that. So we are thinking about an option to disable them. But I cant promise anything now. Just telling you what the thoughts are at the moment.

it's nice to see that you have thought of a solution for purists . Thank you :) By the way, maybe, as we speak of options to disable all that, why not consider one more option as " shooting range dubbed " so that the tanks can fire twice as far range ? Or more options in a panel "realistic mod" with differents options. In multiplayers, the Gamer "Host" settings would be automatically apply to gamers join the game. So, it would be a good idea in the list of games we could join, to see if its "normal" game or "realistic options" for people want know what type of game they want join. (And dont forget this excellent option of Sudden Strike forever, for multiplayers, people join a game, if they have not the map of the "HOST", the game automatically download the custom map if we click on "yes" when the choice come "you have not this map. Do you want DL it ?"

if you need beta testers, or even opinions about the gameplay of the pre- alpha , it would be a good idea to put some of the game download with a passkey eg valid 48 hours ( time to a weekend) so we do our test and give you our feedback when you need it. (Or other method to test)

Caporal

Sudden-like préféré: Sudden Strike : Hidden Stroke 2 Fusion
Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 09:54 

Hello Ransombotton, thank you for taking the time to listen to the Francophone community.

I want to raise a primordial point. Here, after watching the first video, almost all players agree that a clear problem of Sudden 4 is:

- Too short shots distances (especially for tanks and artillery) and vision distances (especially for infantery)

What's your opinion on that point ?

I'm pretty sure, if this is not fixed, modders will fixe that 2 weeks after de release of the game ;)

Try Sudden Strike Fusion for exemple, to see what are our shoots distances. I think you can easily apply a x1,5-x2 without gameplay problem.

One other point we want to talk is the Shoot Preferences for each unit. How do you program this ? Because we had to make a big job on fusion to correct this field. For exemple, in Sudden 2, a soldier with Panzerschreck was firing on infantery. In fusion, he prefers walk and shoot on the Panzer. That's an important point for us, for the gameplay.

Here can you see our job on this :

http://forum.sudden-strike-alliance.fr/preferences-de-tir-t237.html

Profil Site Internet 

Fusilier

Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 12:42 

Citation:
especially for tanks and artillery

+1. For me, there is a serious problem with artillery. She should not be able to fire at less than two screens, but can reach 3 or 4 screens. If not, there is no strategy possible to use it. After, i think its not the priority for now, they need finih the game code first, and only after work on that. EDIT ; i would like the best gameplay for the artillery ==> one shot for one click on the battleground like Sudden strike forever, and be able to say top if we do 10 clicks for 10 shots, to re-do it on other locaton if the target move. For me the artillery system of company of heroes is very bad for a full control and for a real strategic game where we need a full control of the battle and quickly move / decisions. In SSF battles with my clan, always i command my guys (humans players) to report shots when we move, witout a full control (one click = one shot if not, one click for a lot of shots is impossible)

For me, the quality of one game , besides the beauty of the graphics, the gameplay for the purists , is its diversity of explosions, smokes, behavior of men in action or waiting, he has to be alive. Its important we do not feel that they do the same thing all the time, but it need more coding / more work on the programm... The diversity of attitudes is also , for the information, one of the largest CA challenge for his series total war , they continually try to put more and more, with each new title.

When we open fire with artillery, i would like, as in Sudden strike forever, say ; F*** where is the ennemy artillery ??? And give orders to my men to go in each direction to find it !! It was very exciting in SSF in multiplayers when one friend find ennemy artillery and give the position on the MAP with CTRL ; all players reoriented their artillery to perform shelling the indicated position of the ennemy artillery. It was very very fun !!! Please do the same work for SS4.

I would like, when i give the order to my 500 soldiers / 30 tanks to attack the ennemy with my allied, to not be able to see the ground battle after long minutes of fights, cause to smokes / debris in the air, and ennemy could retreat taking advantage of the chaos of the battlefield became hardly visible... On the old game Settlers 2 its vey very fun after a massiv attack to look with difficulty the ground battle cause all house burn... it gives an apocalyptic atmosphere... And me not stopping swearing because of the ten seconds needed to see what happens could change my advantage of the situation, ordering my players from my clan to perform a massiv fire fed dam in the back in case he should fall back...

I would like give the order to stop the attack to have time to move artillery for closer... I would like no soldier dead body disappears , and the carcasses of vehicles are also, as in Total War , and at worst, they could be destroyed by other tanks that hits them if you think you need remove them

In conclusion, i would like paid for Sudden Strike Forever with HD / 4K graphics + possibility to have IA in multplayers with humans players. Maybe you could do it with SS4 even if its a new graphic engine ? Please unlock the limit of units in game for people like me, like battles with 300 tanks / 2000 soldiers tec... Its a problem in SSF ; i have many map crash because too many units :( and if dev team think ; yes but today, computer to do that should be too much power ... Ok ok but if we buy a game, in 2 / 3 years, if he s good, we will play again with it. And in 2/3 years, Intel and AMD will release news 10nm High End CPU for intel and 7nm for AMD globalfoundries. Please think to the futur ^^ An exemple about that ; on Rome Total War when he was release, max in battle with my first computer was 7.000 soldiers. With my last computer, 33.000 soldiers. And its fun because today we have excellent mods on Rome total War. SS4 could be in the same situation. You can do what you want, juste take the good decision for your game.

EDIT ; AHAHAHA ransombolton i have a very bad idea now, if you have one or two guys from the dev team leave your company, he could propose the "Sudden Strike Forever 2" or "Sudden Strike Forever Refresh" like i suggest and work on it for a new licence why not with funding platform ^^ because our French community Did not find programmers able to doing it

Dernière édition par super_newbie_pro le 24 Aoû 2016, 16:53, édité 2 fois.

Lieutenant

Mes autres jeux 2GM: World of Tanks
Company of Heroes
Mes jeux hors-sujet: Defcon, Portail 2
Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 16:44 

Thanks for you answers Chris!
It is good to know that the elite status is bound to the crew, not the vehicle. It for sure is more logical this way than the other way around! :)
This confirms the experience bar has disappeared. That's not ideal IMO, but I think I can get over it (and if so, so can others). Elite status is better than nothing.
In the old games, the only time you really noticed it anyway, was when your crew was 1000 XP, and thus almost never missed a target.
The zeroing feature for the artillery is kinda what we currently miss, nice to see it included! And the sloped armor is very nice too! Now I really want this game to be a success. It is full of the good ideas. At least, they are examined and included when possible.

super_newbie_pro a écrit:
if you allow modding with , why not, modding tools to facilitate the work , I have no doubt that the community will create the perfect game through a mod

That would in fact be one of the best solutions, if not the best.
Make a "balanced" vanilla game friendly to newcomers and at least kinda appealing to the "old fans", AND unlock the modding doors, in a way that allows modders to experiment and build a "hardcore mod".

I'm sure this way the game could sell, attract new players, and then some of them would try the "realism mod(s)", when they actually master the vanilla game and want to explore something different.

Such a game would please to almost everybody, which would hopefully help to sell it. And make it easier for Kite/Kalypso to survive AND thus make the DLCs/expansions happen ! :D

Profil Site Internet 

Lieutenant

Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 16:50 

@super_newbie_pro

33 000 soldats par joueurs en 6v6 tu te rends compte de ce que ça représente ? Surtout en termes de synchronisation de mouvements et de données ...
D'ailleurs même à raison de 300 chars et 2000 soldats (par joueurs ?) (faudrait plutôt viser 300 chars et 20000 soldats pour être réaliste et encore on oublie qu'il y a 5x 300 équipages :D)
Mais au fond, c'est quoi le jeu ? Clic gauche enfoncé je sélectionne tout puis clic droit sur le camp ennemi j'envoie tout ?
Spoiler:
Cliquer pour afficher le message.

Si l'on mélange jeu de stratégie et telles quantités soit on a une IA qui gère ce que l'on ne peut gérer quand on se concentre sur une opération parachutage ou le sauvetage de son KT soit on a tellement de KT qu'on s'en fiche ...

C'est l'esprit de certains joueurs ici ou ailleurs, de certains mods (notamment à l'étranger) qui ne comportent que des maps proposant ça.
Loin de l'esprit de sudden ou de toute stratégie (la stratégie est alors au niveau de l'équipe à savoir où se regrouper et où attaquer ok ...) et pas la peine d'avoir un jeu réaliste à ce niveau il me semble (d'ailleurs Supreme Commander est très bien pour ça comme jeu).

Comme dirait de manière bienveillante un syndicaliste, ce sont des différences de revendications, il en faut mais si l'on vise un jeu "réaliste" nos revendications doivent justement rester "réalistes".

Je suis par contre largement d'accord avec toi sur les histoires de technologies.
-> Evolution de Windows (portabilité à LINUX c'est cool ça mais avec les soucis de drivers graphiques ça fait peur d'avance)
-> Résolutions Full HD, 4K
-> Replay embarqués
-> Steam pour la gestion des versions, des mods et du réseau. A ce titre ça pose de nouvelles questions sur la gestion IPv6 ou sur les interfaces "type switcher" pour la mise en relation des joueurs en multi

Fusilier

Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 17:00 

Cpt_Love a écrit:
@super_newbie_pro

33 000 soldats par joueurs en 6v6 tu te rends compte de ce que ça représente ? Surtout en termes de synchronisation de mouvements et de données ...

Non mais je ne parle pas de 33.000 soldat par joueur ! Dans SSF c'était les créateurs des cartes qui définissaient le nombre de renforts. On n'est pas obligé de mettre le max que le jeu peut supporter. Sur une carte 6Vs6 on peut jouer à 1vs1 et avoir donc l'équivalent de toutes les unités de nos alliés si on jouait à plusieurs. L'intérêt de débrider le nombre d'unités, c'est d'élargir les possibilités du jeu, pas de faire qu'on ait 30.000 hommes qui courent partout ^^Et tu conviendras qu'il est plus agréable sur de très grandes cartes d'avoir un bon milliers d'hommes et une centaines de chars que 30 soldats et 5 blindés qui feraient plus penser aux jeux tactiques men of war. En fait pour le nombre d'unités max, ma remarque découle de plusieurs cartes sur sudden strike forever que j'avais créé, pour du SOLO, en resconstituant stalingrad. Les renforts allemands arrivant à différents moments, si on prend trop son temps, on a alors tellement d'unités face à tellement d'unités que ça fait crasher le jeu. Cependant, c'est tellement jouissif de pouvoir faire preuve de stratégie sur une immense carte avec de vraies armées massives de part et d'autres qui fait que, au final, ce n'est plus vraiment du bourrinage mais de la vraie tactique en plusieurs endroits de la carte, le tout avec une stratégie globale mais c'est très dur à tout manager. Du oup, c'est frustrant quand ça crash avec le message << limited units blabla max = 50 >> et retour windows :surpris: :@2:

Dernière édition par super_newbie_pro le 24 Aoû 2016, 17:05, édité 1 fois.

Lieutenant

Company of Heroes
Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 17:03 

Vu ce qu'il en a été dit par ailleurs, et la conversation eue à la Gamescom, je pense qu'il est réaliste de penser que le jeu pourra supporter un peu moins de 1000 unités simultanées en temps réel. Mais je peux me tromper, ou ca peut évoluer. Chris saura sans nul doute en dire plus et mieux que moi sur le sujet.

Profil Site Internet 

Lieutenant

Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 17:05 

Non mais je ne parle pas de 33.000 soldat par joueur ! Dans SSF c'était les créateurs des cartes qui définissaient le nombre de renforts. On n'est pas obligé de mettre le max que le jeu peut supporter. Sur une carte 6Vs6 on peut jouer à 1vs1 et avoir donc l'équivalent de toutes les unités de nos alliés si on jouait à plusieurs.

Sauf que le mappeur fait une carte 6v6 en version 6v6 il n'y a pas moyen de dire qu'en 1v1 tu reçois les troupes des alliés (à voir comment bougera l'IA du jeu la dessus).
L'option que l'on actuellement de faire des cartes "histo" avec des unités déjà présentes sur la map possède l'avantage de dire en 1v1 tu as 1000 hommes ... en 4v4 vous n'en n'avez que 250 chacun.

Et tu conviendras qu'il est plus agréable sur de très grandes cartes d'avoir un bon milliers d'hommes et une centaines de chars que 30 soldats et 5 blindés qui feraient plus penser aux jeux tactiques men of war.

Du reste c'est sur pour une 6v6 en 512 en plaine.
Si tu mets des villages partout tu te retrouves avec l'obligation de faire du men of war sur chaque village avec tes 30 hommes ou alors de faire confiance à l'IA pendant que tu gambades dans les champs. A l'instar de comment gambaderont les troupes et comment tiendront les autres villages pendant qu'on refait COH dans tchutovo (référence à la 1ère mission de la campagne All. de SS2).

Fusilier

Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 17:06 

DENIS_48 a écrit:
Vu ce qu'il en a été dit par ailleurs, et la conversation eue à la Gamescom, je pense qu'il est réaliste de penser que le jeu pourra supporter un peu moins de 1000 unités simultanées en temps réel. Mais je peux me tromper, ou ca peut évoluer. Chris saura sans nul doute en dire plus et mieux que moi sur le sujet.

Je ne sais pas ce que tu en pense, mais sur une immense carte 6vs6, ça voudrait dire que le jeu ne pourrait pas supporter plus de : 1000 divisé par 12 = 83 unités max par joueurs ? Ca craint...  :surpris:  :euh: Bon aprés si on part sur du 2vs2 ça remonte à 250... mais perso je trouve ça trop limite...  :'( J'espère qu'ils changeront la chose

EDIT ; http://www.cossacks3.com/ pour cossack 3 jusqu'à 10.000 unités sur la carte ! donc c'est possible. Aprés si c'est à cause du moteur du jeu ou des graphismes de SS4, là on n'y peut rien et ça ne fera que renforcer ma conviction visiblemet partagée par Cpt_Love qu'on aurait préféré un "refresh" de Sudden Strike Forever

Dernière édition par super_newbie_pro le 24 Aoû 2016, 17:12, édité 2 fois.

Lieutenant

Company of Heroes
Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 17:11 

Alors, je l'ai déjà rapporté il y a quelques pages de cela, mais il est toujours bon de le rappeler : les multi supporteront au maximum 8 joueurs. Ce qui fait qu'on table sans doute plutôt sur 120 unités simultanées par joueur (approximativement).

Je précise que mes estimations se fondent sur des déclarations selon lesquelles "[le jeu] n'est pas prévu pour supporter plusieurs milliers d'unités [...]", ce qui pour moi revient à mettre la barre à quelque chose comme 1000 unités simultanées maximum en temps réel.

Profil Site Internet 

Fusilier

Sudden-like préféré: Sudden Strike 4 (SS4)
Mes autres jeux 2GM: Resource War : Real Warfare Mod (RWM)
Mes jeux hors-sujet: Dungeons 2, Tropico 5
Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 17:14 

ransombolton a écrit:
you mean the systems that we have implemented to give players feedback? Like the badges for tactical play, the UI elements and the trails for projectiles? Yes those are all implemented to  assist new players into the series. But actually, we have purists in our development team as well, people that would like to play without any healthbars or objective indicators for example. And at the moment, we are thinking about an option to just disable all the in-scene-UI elements like health bars and the blue objective circles.

yes, its that. Excellent new :)
ransombolton a écrit:
Also, we are thinking about an options switch to disable the trails for projectiles. Actually the trails serve to show players the rough angle and area where the attack is coming from. It can only be seen in the viewing range of your units. And it also gives a slight information on the size of the projectile fired. But we understand that some players might not want to see that. So we are thinking about an option to disable them. But I cant promise anything now. Just telling you what the thoughts are at the moment.

it's nice to see that you have thought of a solution for purists . Thank you :) By the way, maybe, as we speak of options to disable all that, why not consider one more option as " shooting range dubbed " so that the tanks can fire twice as far range ? Or more options in a panel "realistic mod" with differents options. In multiplayers, the Gamer "Host" settings would be automatically apply to gamers join the game. So, it would be a good idea in the list of games we could join, to see if its "normal" game or "realistic options" for people want know what type of game they want join. (And dont forget this excellent option of Sudden Strike forever, for multiplayers, people join a game, if they have not the map of the "HOST", the game automatically download the custom map if we click on "yes" when the choice come "you have not this map. Do you want DL it ?"

if you need beta testers, or even opinions about the gameplay of the pre- alpha , it would be a good idea to put some of the game download with a passkey eg valid 48 hours ( time to a weekend) so we do our test and give you our feedback when you need it. (Or other method to test)

Certainly some nice ideas. We will have to see if they are realistic and manageable.

Lieutenant

Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 17:16 

http://www.cossacks3.com/ pour cossack 3 jusqu'à 10.000 unités sur la carte ! donc c'est possible. Aprés si c'est à cause du moteur du jeu ou des graphismes de SS4, là on n'y peut rien et ça ne fera que renforcer ma conviction,

J'ai eu déjà jusqu'à 30000 soldats sur une map sur Ameriquan Conquest
D'ailleurs en 2002 avec Art of war on flirtait avec 16 000 unités (mais ça ramait et c'était bourrin). Après la course aux unités (on dirait la course aux pixels pour les APN) tout le monde devient réaliste et préfère une qualité plus raisonnable plutôt que les quantités astronomiques.
Si tu en as l'occasion, rejoues au jeu maintenant ton pc ultra puissant, le jeu est horrible car tout va ultra vite même en vitesse mini (à cause de la puissance du cpu)

Fusilier

Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 17:17 

Rommel53 a écrit:
Hello Ransombotton, thank you for taking the time to listen to the Francophone community.

I want to raise a primordial point. Here, after watching the first video, almost all players agree that a clear problem of Sudden 4 is:

- Too short shots distances (especially for tanks and artillery) and vision distances (especially for infantery)

What's your opinion on that point ?

I'm pretty sure, if this is not fixed, modders will fixe that 2 weeks after de release of the game ;)

Try Sudden Strike Fusion for exemple, to see what are our shoots distances. I think you can easily apply a x1,5-x2 without gameplay problem.

One other point we want to talk is the Shoot Preferences for each unit. How do you program this ? Because we had to make a big job on fusion to correct this field. For exemple, in Sudden 2, a soldier with Panzerschreck was firing on infantery. In fusion, he prefers walk and shoot on the Panzer. That's an important point for us, for the gameplay.

Here can you see our job on this :

http://forum.sudden-strike-alliance.fr/preferences-de-tir-t237.html

Hey Rommel53!

The question of shooting ranges is a central one in the hardcore communities at the moment. As Denis already pointed out, SuS1 did have smaller ranges and the large ranges only came in with mods, etc. At the moment, I am gathering info and opinions in all the forums about this and then i will talk to the devs and then I will come back with a longer text about the ranges.

Fusilier

Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 17:20 

DENIS_48 a écrit:
Thanks for you answers Chris!
It is good to know that the elite status is bound to the crew, not the vehicle. It for sure is more logical this way than the other way around! :)
This confirms the experience bar has disappeared. That's not ideal IMO, but I think I can get over it (and if so, so can others). Elite status is better than nothing.
In the old games, the only time you really noticed it anyway, was when your crew was 1000 XP, and thus almost never missed a target.
The zeroing feature for the artillery is kinda what we currently miss, nice to see it included! And the sloped armor is very nice too! Now I really want this game to be a success. It is full of the good ideas. At least, they are examined and included when possible.

if you allow modding with , why not, modding tools to facilitate the work , I have no doubt that the community will create the perfect game through a mod

That would in fact be one of the best solutions, if not the best.
Make a "balanced" vanilla game friendly to newcomers and at least kinda appealing to the "old fans", AND unlock the modding doors, in a way that allows modders to experiment and build a "hardcore mod".

I'm sure this way the game could sell, attract new players, and then some of them would try the "realism mod(s)", when they actually master the vanilla game and want to explore something different.

Such a game would please to almost everybody, which would hopefully help to sell it. And make it easier for Kite/Kalypso to survive AND thus make the DLCs/expansions happen ! :D

That is actually the plan, yes. :)

Lieutenant

Posté: 24 Aoû 2016, 19:47 

As well as modding capabilities of the game, level editor will be my :amour: princess.

Chris, sorry to increase your workload ...  but more than gameplay issues, I am also aware of hardware/technologies.

We currently observe a couple of problems with the current game engine, not limited to :
-> Fire-wall issues (we have to open the ports on the router or to be in "simulated" LAN with VPN or DMZ), 2 brothers can not join the same multiplayer game
-> Graphics XGA limited resolution, FullHD scalling not operating with many drivers (I guess it will be an issue on Linux since nvidia graphics are often fuzzy)
-> By the way can we expect to play with some kind of typical notebook/ultrabook only boarding Intel HD Graphics (the last gen, since HD4000 are doing pretty well in my opinion)
-> It is not user-friendly to make screen-shot, what then about saving replay (not possible with dual core without hyper-threading for example)
-> Some power management issue on notebook, whatever you have a Intel PIII Centrino 800 Mhz or 3 Ghz Intel i7-4700HQ ... Sudden uses 100% of a single core with turbo mode while the game would be fluent with only 10% of this power. And this whatever is happening on the game (idle menu or full battle) ...
-> Networking issue that consumes battery, the current game is always sending "hello packet" and "get hostname request" to discover the network which can be great but drain power and overpower your local bandwidth. Age of Empire / Cossacks had this behaviour too
-> No IPv6 support

I heard nothing about multiplayer support and interface to join friends, would it be something like Codename Panzer or Company Of Heroes (you should have known GOA fur Sust and then Switcher/MMS/ or even Hidden Stroke Arena for Hidden Stroke versions).

With stuff as Continuum which transforms your mobile to give you a PC-like experience and increasing sells of 2-in-1 as Surface or Asus Transforms models what about touch compatibility (I think compatibility with phones should be unrealistic).
More feasible, the voice control with something looking to what have been done in Tom Clancy's EndWar can be practicable ?

Lieutenant

Company of Heroes
Posté: 25 Aoû 2016, 09:49 

While some of us were playing a 2v2 yesterday, a question crossed my mind. It was mostly a city map, and the current game makes it possible for fights to happen inside buildings (all buildings) in specific types of situations (enemy hiding inside and not firing / and there is a trick in order to invade the building even if the enemy is already firing).
Of course everything happens off-screen: there is a phase when the building appears to be neutral, and then the combat is resolved (how exactly we don't know, but it appears the number of soldiers matters) and if your side has won, the building is then controlled by your forces (of course you have to expect some casualties/deaths among your soldiers because of the "off-screen" fights that happened in the house).

Will this be possible in SS4 ? Invade hostile buildings, fight for the control of a building... even if happening off-screen it would be a nice touch.

Profil Site Internet 

Fusilier

Posté: 25 Aoû 2016, 11:19 

Ahah Denis excellent question ! it reminds me of the great Close Combat , a bridge too far , mythical this game !! Just like the series ... but can easily be considered as "hard core gaming" ;)

My god !! Now i speak about that, i want play with it !! I have often regretted not being able to play with friend in multiplayers against the computer on this game... New titles of this series are not so good for me...  And there is recently titles :
- Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem http://www.matrixgames.com/products/386 ... and.Arnhem
- Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog http://www.matrixgames.com/products/433 ... in.the.Fog

Holly **** there is a new Close combat !!! He will come << Close Combat: The Bloody First >> EDIT . i see on the official forum
Citation:
Hello Everyone

I am sorry for the lack of information regarding Close Combat and thank you for your patience so far. I would like
to assure you all that 'Close Combat - The Bloody First' is still very much 'live' and in full development.
At this point it seems appropriate to introduce the team to you all.

Working on The Bloody First are -
Myself - Ben (producer)
Steve (programmer & designer)
Phil (engine programmer)
Jim (art)
Richard (art & effects)
Koen (art & UI)
Bartshe (art)

Recently we have all been busy re-assessing the requirements for Close Combat (there will be more information on
this shortly) and this in turn has meant a complete schedule revision.

However, this process is now comple and The Bloody First is in full production and we plan to start beta testing
during January 2017 (and to release before the end of Q2 2017).

I'm sorry for the long wait and disappointment this delay might cause and as a fan of the series from the first
I'm also frustrated we won't see a new Close Combat this year but I'm also really looking forward to the beta testing
in January and I hope you will be too.

Thanks again for your patience and we'll aim to keep you posted on progress a little more regularly from this point
on.

Regards

Benedict Wilkins  [/b]

Steve

Citation:
In terms of the technical and scheduling side of The Bloody First, the big news is that we’ve changed 3D engines. The project was begun under Unity 3D, but we have since switched to Slitherine’s in-house 3D engine, Archon. This change comes after much discussions about whether Unity was the best engine for the franchise going forward, and agreement that Archon was the better choice for future releases. This left us with a decision unique to The Bloody First – release this one version under Unity and then switch all future versions to Archon, or bite the bullet and make the transition now? As it did not make much sense to have a single ‘orphan’ release under Unity, the decision was made to switch The Bloody First over to Archon as well.

Archon has already been used to develop games of the same scope as Close Combat, and the latest version of the engine is better suited to our needs than Unity. It is a very flexible, data driven engine that already has great support for DLC and modding, major features we needed but which were somewhat problematic under Unity. Archon even has a built in scripting language we can use to expose game functionality – we can have scripted soldier behavior, or script the armor penetration model, for example -- and these scripts could be modified to change the game. The other major advantage of using Archon is that it is Slitherine’s engine. We have access to the source code to see exactly how it works, and there is an in-house developer who can modify Archon as needed. In short, we can add the new features we need and make sure they work the way we need them to, and we do not have to worry about existing features being changed out from under us.

Obviously the change to Archon has added extra work and extra time to the schedule. But the payoff will be a game engine that is more flexible, easier to mod, and easier and quicker to create new content for.

Steve

source ; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4116917
And i found the first screeshot (i was surprise because the old 2D is finish, it look like 3D  :surpris:) : http://www.pockettactics.com/wp-content ... TBF_01.jpg

They speak about this new title in French here ==> http://www.wargamer.fr/close-combat-ape ... y-to-caen/

:yahoo:

i stop my Out of subject... Just Denis give me idea about this game for the question of the fight in buildings ^^

Lieutenant

Company of Heroes
Posté: 25 Aoû 2016, 13:10 

Yes please stay on topic! I think Chris' time is precious.

N'hésite pas à démarrer un nouveau sujet dans la section appropriée si ce nouveau Close Combat t'as emballé :)

Profil Site Internet 

Fusilier

Posté: 25 Aoû 2016, 13:30 

DENIS_48 a écrit:
While some of us were playing a 2v2 yesterday, a question crossed my mind. It was mostly a city map, and the current game makes it possible for fights to happen inside buildings (all buildings) in specific types of situations (enemy hiding inside and not firing / and there is a trick in order to invade the building even if the enemy is already firing).
Of course everything happens off-screen: there is a phase when the building appears to be neutral, and then the combat is resolved (how exactly we don't know, but it appears the number of soldiers matters) and if your side has won, the building is then controlled by your forces (of course you have to expect some casualties/deaths among your soldiers because of the "off-screen" fights that happened in the house).

Will this be possible in SS4 ? Invade hostile buildings, fight for the control of a building... even if happening off-screen it would be a nice touch.

Good point. It is not possible at the moment but I put it on the wishlist. :)

Fusilier

Sudden-like préféré: Resource War (RW)
Mes autres jeux 2GM: Men of War,Theatre of War,Achtung Panzer,Red Orchestra...
Mes jeux hors-sujet: Emergency 4,Kiling Flore,Arma...
Posté: 25 Aoû 2016, 13:54 

I see that everyone has something to ask, but I did not want to lose the opportunity to ask the first man SS4 !-D

Is it possible that with the help of supplay truck to make a camouflage on the vehicle, to make a trench or defense with the bags, build a bridge and tank blockade? I saw in the video that the tank can make a defense, it would be great to be supplay truck could have done instead of tank.